020 8742 7858 info@pslleasing.co.uk

EPC + biggest  COMPLIANCE changes IN 20 years 2025*


0330 165 5199

EPC REGULATION POLICY FROM 2022* "the biggest changes in 20 years"

All newly rented properties will need an EPC of at least Band C from 31st December 2025. Existing tenancies will have until 31st December 2028 to achieve this new practical, affordable, and cost-effective target. Not having a valid EPC could result in a fine between £5000 to £30,000.

Click Here


Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is:

  • built
  • sold
  • rented

You must order an EPC for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

In Scotland, you must display the EPC somewhere in the property, for example in the meter cupboard or next to the boiler.

An EPC contains:

  • information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs
  • recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

You can be fined if you do not get an EPC when you need one.

The person selling the house, the landlord or the letting agent must show you the EPC if you’re buying or renting.

Buildings that do not need an EPC

These include:

  • places of worship
  • temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
  • stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
  • industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that do not use a lot of energy
  • some buildings that are due to be demolished
  • holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
  • listed buildings – you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
  • residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year

Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards Landlord Specific Exemptions

The Domestic Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES) Regulations set a minimum energy efficiency level for domestic private rented properties.

The Regulations apply to all domestic private rented properties that are:

  • let on specific types of tenancy agreement

  • legally required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

    There are a number of situations where landlords may be able to claim exemptions from the regulations:

  • All relevant improvements made exemption

  • High cost exemption

  • Wall insulation exemption

  • Third party consent exemption

  • Property devaluation exemption

  • Temporary exemption due to recently becoming a landlord

    Exemptions must be registered on the central PRS Exemptions Register.



enter your details below or call for a chat

2025 will be here before you know it!

0330 165 5199

housing management to local authorities for 30 years

INCOME Guarantee

PSL Leasing your income is guaranteed to us by the local authority. Landlord – PSL Contractor – Council – Social Tenant

On-Line Maintenance

Nationwide Tenant & Contractor reporting within our system https://pslleasing.fixflo.com for all maintenance, repair & compliance

Inspection assessment

We will inspect your property if it’s whin our direct letting area to advise on local authority letting requirements.

We are Available 24/7

If your property is not within the 4 Boroughs we offer direct leasing and would like to discuss our Nationwide compliance service dealing with tenant issues and contractor repairs reporting, email us or give us a call.

GAS Safe, EICR, EPC, Health & Safety, Fire Risk Assessment – 24/7 online occupiers repair reporting service to help protect your property around the clock and save you money. We manage the process of requesting quotes and instructing works to your approved contractors or one selected by us.



Monday – Friday

  8am to 5pm

0330 165 5199